The Interreg V-A “Greece – Cyprus 2014-2020” Cooperation Program (CCI Code 2014TC16RFCB055) was approved by the European Commission on 27.07.2015 with Implementing Decision C (2015) 5319.
In total it has a budget of 64.560.486 € of which 54.876.411 € ERDF.
The Cooperation Program aims at:
- Increasing the competitiveness of the eligible area by supporting entrepreneurship and the use of information and communication technologies.
- Covering energy, climate change and transport, by promoting a low-carbon economy.
- Disaster prevention, the promotion of natural and cultural heritage and technologies for the protection of natural resources.
- Financial priorities.
The program focuses on the following three priorities:
- Enhancing competitiveness and entrepreneurship in the cross-border area.
- Efficient energy use and sustainable transport.
- Preservation and protection of the environment and risk prevention.
With Specific Goals (SG) for each of them, which are as follows:
Priority Axis 1: Enhancing competitiveness and entrepreneurship in the cross-border area
S.G. 1.1 – Increase the use of ICT in areas of common interest (in the area of eGovernment, e-business, e-culture and tourism).
S.G. 1.2 – Enhancing the extroversion of SMEs.
Priority Axis 2: Efficient energy use and sustainable transport
S.G. 2.1 – Increase energy savings in public buildings.
S.G. 2.2 – Reduction of environmental footprint from public transport to urban areas with significant gaseous pollution.
S.G. 2.3 – Enhancing interoperability and security in maritime transport.
Priority Axis 3: Preservation and protection of the environment and risk prevention
S.G. 3.1 – Improving shared risk management for natural, technological and humanitarian disasters.
S.G. 3.2 – Improving the attractiveness of areas of natural and cultural interest.
S.G. 3.3 – Improvement of Maritime Spatial Planning and Coastal Zone Management.
S.G. 3.4 – Improving efficiency in the use of waste and water resources.
Priority Axis 4: Program Technical Assistance